Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dumb Companies - Spirit at it again.


If all the bad publicity Spirit Airlines has endured the past few day,  Spirit Airlines has announced their decision to raise their already high carry-on bag fee from 40ish to 100 dollars.  Spirit Airlines claims that this increase will only occur at the boarding gate and will help with customer service.  Spirit Airlines believes that its customers actually read the fine print.  Spirit Airlines has stated that customers will still be able to purchase bags for less prior to getting to the boarding gate.

WTF?  I alwasy assumed that carry-on- bags were free, it has been every time I have flown.  Of course, you know what you get when you ASS-U-ME. Maybe I am dated and this is all the trend, but it just seems wrong to charge to carry a dam bag on the flight. What does Spirit expect to put in the overhead storage?  Its seems that management does not have a clue on how to run a budget airline.  They should take a look at Southwest and mimic them and not come up with this latest fee.  Its a very bad idea, even the larger airline carriers like United is not charging 100 dollars for carry on luggage. I admit that I have never flown Spirit and after these recent issues I doubt I wever will.

No comments:

Post a Comment